Monday, May 23, 2011

SUPER easy, Baked Italian Style Turkey Meatballs

I have been following a wonderful recipe in one of the many cookbooks I own that caters to dairy free, egg free, nut free cooking....... but I have now veered off the beaten path enough to call this one my own!  These are SUPER easy (hence the name) and soooo yummy.  I love to make these and save extra for meatball sandwiches.

1 lb - Ground Turkey
1/4 C - Quick Cooking Oatmeal
1-2 TBL - Plain Soy Milk
1 TBL - Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb
Salt and Pepper

Heat oven to 350 and spray a 8x8 or 9x9 glass square dish with "safe" cooking spray

Place oatmeal and enough milk to moisten it..... mix together well...  add meat, Mrs. Dash and salt and pepper to taste (approx 1/4 tsp each) -- mix well for several minutes until smooth and almost creamy texture.  Roll into tight balls, and place in baking dish, should make about 9 balls.  Cook for 20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment