Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fried Squash and Zucchini

I LOVE fried food... words can't describe my addiction and feelings of withdraw from some of my favorite fried foods. I recently was at the store and found a fry batter --$8.00 for a 12 oz box of Rice Flour and some spices. I then decided to make my own at home and it was quite a success.

Slice up several Squash and Zucchinis - enough to feed the family. Slightly thinner then 1/4in. Heat oil in a skillet - enough to cover only 1/2 the veggie. I like to use safflower oil - it is soo light.

BATTER:
1 cup -- rice flour
1 tsp each -- garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt
1 tbs - paprika
Unflavored Coconut Milk

Mix together dry ingredients, and add milk, just enough to give a thick, but smooth consistency.
Dip veggies in batter and cover completely. Add to hot skillet and fry for about 3 minutes per side - until golden. Dry on paper towels. I think ketchup was a great condiment for these little pieces of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment