Friday, October 1, 2010

Party Time!!!

Well, tomorrow will be the first Birthday Party Garrison has attended where I actually need to think about food. He is almost 3 now and he gets it if the other kids are eating food he isn't. I got the description of what will be there for the kids, Chocolate cupcakes with frosting setup like grass. Ummm.... ok. I made the cupcakes and went to get some frosting tools.... I then attempted something new. Piping frosting. This is something I am not talented at. No, this wasn't good at all. Sorry kids, my special cupcakes look more like green globs then green grass. Maybe Ill be better next time.

TIP OF THE DAY: When you have a kid with food allergies, it is important they understand that they can't eat what everyone else is eating and why so they don't get mixed up and eat something they shouldn't, but it is also important to make sure you have an alternative snack or dessert for your child. I always either bring something extra for Garrison or better yet, I offer to handle the dessert/snack so no one else has to worry about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment