Friday, October 1, 2010

Time Passes By

Again, apologizing for my absence -- it has been far too long and so much has changed... as it always does. I have been busy becoming a crunchy mama - cloth diapering and the like. I love it but I would be the first to say that I can see where it wouldn't be for everyone.

Braeden had his allergist appointment -- He was pricked and handled it like a champ. He came back slightly positive to wheat and peanut. The allergist said to just try and trial the foods as normal... which we have started. We successfully re-introduced CORN and WHEAT back into my diet!!! WOOT WOOT! I have waited a LONG time for that. Right now, I'm on day 5 of trialing SOY and it is up in the air - He is having a reflux flare and I'm having a hard time telling what it is from. We will trial for 2 weeks or until it becomes more obvious it is from the foods.

Braeden is still unable to handle any solid foods- I tried it on him again between his wheat trial and soy trial and he is still just having lots of issues after he eats any amount of any solid..... We will be seeing the gastro on Oct. 25. He will access Braeden for intolerances and any digestive disorders.

On a lighter note, a few weeks ago we had a neighborhood cookout -- I made the desserts for everyone. I did Caramel Corn, Apple Pie, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Brownies, Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sticks and Cinnamon Streusal Cake. It was a hit and it was SO much fun. I intended to get a photo to post, but I just forgot! Then the kids got into the brownies. I just wanted to shout out to The Food Allergy Mama's Cookbook, Divvies, and thank them for making it such a successful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment