Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Trials... The Ups and Downs.

In life we find that there are many challenges. I found one of my biggest faced me when my newest addition Braeden was born.. I was determined to nurse him since I had failed with my oldest. Because of various factors, it would take me way to long to explain, I am on what is called a total elimination diet. I am free of dairy, soy, egg, nut, gluten, most corn products, seafood, to mention a few. It has been a challenge, but also a very interesting learning experience. creating treats free of all these things is well... tricky.

Among a few other foods, the most exciting food I have passed was CHOCOLATE. I am creating lots of different things now and I thought I would share a few ideas. First of all - Enjoy Life makes amazing chocolate chips and they are free of the top 8 - so I am able to eat them. If your avoiding dairy - or soy, find these!

Today I just decided to melt the chocolate chips and dip various fruits and cookies in it. I used the below recipe:

DIPPING CHOCOLATE
1 cup - enjoy life chocolate chips
2 tbs - spectrum shortening

Melt the chips with the shortening until smooth - in microwave safe bowl

DIP AWAY - refrigerate until chocolate is set.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment