Thursday, July 8, 2010

Today Marks 2 Months

I can't believe it has been two months since I started the Total Elimination Diet -- I have been able to add back some things - but not everything I had hoped for at this point. In some ways it feels like so much longer, and in some ways shorter. I have come a long way. Since I had already been off of dairy, egg nuts and soy for 2 1/2 months prior to going all the way with it, I guess I had a shorter way to come. I miss eating out, but being a new stay at home mom - time to go out and enjoy does not come easy, and it isn't exactly in the budget -- at least thats what I tell myself each day.

I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies today - I love the recipe from the book "8 Degrees of Ingredients" - AMAZING! You would never know these cookies are free of egg, nut, soy, milk, gluten... seriously - If I didn't tell my husband, I think he would just think they are darn good cookies.
I like to set aside 1/2 the batch to eat and freeze the other half - also dipping the frozen cookies in some coconut ice cream is sort of heavenly. you can also dip these in melted chocolate and let it set.... that's another amazingly good version.
Next up? Chicken. It's whats for dinner. bum bum bum.


1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love the Enjoy Life products? Too bad they don't have a butter replacement. I can't do any of the Earth Balance spreads - the soy and dairy free still contain PEA protein. I can't do legumes so that's a bummer.

    Good luck with everything! Seems like it's getting to be second nature for you. :)

    ReplyDelete