Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Easy Peasy Peach Pie

I am very new to pie making.  I had no idea just how EASY baking up a pie was until I made the Apple Pie featured in the DIVVIES Cookbook.  I buy Pillsbury crusts from the refrigerated section at the store (when on sale) and run with it... I could make my own crust... but.... I just haven't gotten that far with it yet.  HA!

This peach pie I just made today for the first time.  I found an old recipe on a recipe card in my kitchen and remembered I had a bunch of frozen peaches in the chest freezer!  It's so tasty, I thought I would share.

1 -- double crust
(Pillsbury or Wegman'sbrands are safe)

6 C - Sliced Peaches
 (fresh or frozen and thawed)

1 C -- Sugar + 2 TBS -- Sugar
(divided)

1/2 C -- Flour

1 tsp -- Cinnamon

1 TBS -- "safe" Butter

Heat Oven to 425


Lay out crust in glass pie dish as directed -- sprinkle the bottom with a small amount of flour

In a large bowl combine flour, 1C sugar and cinnamon
Make sure peaches are sliced and drained well if they were frozen
Add sliced peaches and mix well
Pour peach mixture into prepared pie crust
Add several dollops of "safe" butter on top of the peach mixture
Cut Slits in the top pie crust and place on top and seal the edges - pinching them together
Sprinkle top with reserved 2 TBS of sugar

Cover the edges of the pie with foil and place in the oven on a large baking sheet for 35-45 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes to brown the edges.   The pie should get bubbly and once that has happened it should be done.  I have a nasty habit of taking pie out before it is done -- so just watch it and make sure it is good and bubbly so you don't have to put it back in after it has cooled (like me) to cook the rest of the way.

Let it cool before serving, refrigerate.  May be frozen for up to 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment